Posted by: pathetic | 2008-10-31

i nearly didn' t make it

Hi CS last night i was hopeless and planned and very nearly commited suicide i arranged for my puppy-which is everything to me!- to go to a very special person that i am not alowed to love. i sat in a ball and just cried which i also dont do. i dont know what to do at the moment i' m seeing a shrink but she is away alot so i see her partner too i tried contacting them but the one didn' t respond and the other one just referred me to the other one so i dont see any help and i dont know who to call for help i didn' t care enough to call lifeline i thought it was over. today i' m quiet and dont want to talk to anyone and i still feel hopeless and destructive but i cant call anyone for help because who do i call and what do i tell them. i' m scared of being killed but it seems ok to commit suicide i dont know what to do CS

It is absolutely unprofessional for ANY shrink to "go away" without arranging for a locum to cover for their patients in crisis, and if this shrink has a partner to provide such cover --- they must be available in crisis. Sounds like these may not be sufficiently caring shrinks for your needs at present. DO call Lifeline and seek a shrink better concerned with helping people who have crises. DO not allow yourself to think about suicide, especially because in part this is related to your feeling abandoned by people who are supposed to be committed to being available and helpful.
Look after yourself, and don't allow yourse;f to come to any form of harm --- you are capable of doing that, and will be able to find more reliable help. Don't punish yourself because someone else has let you down on this occasion. Permanent responses to temporary situations are rarely a good idea

Posted by: Anon | 2008-10-31

I tried once &  honestly i dont know y im still here... it didnt work &  i found it impossible to believe but i knew that it failed coz i served a purpose &  that was to make me a better, stronger person in life &  i am today. It was such a terrible feeling when the effects of the tabs kicked in it was like i was half dead. In ur case or any1 matter what u go through in life its never ok to take ur own life &  for that i feel its a sin on ur shoulders b.coz if our father wants us he will take us... u shouldn' t before ur time. Theres so much to live for.. people out there have more troubles than u do like having sicknesses &  knowing u gonna die. imagine how they wish they could have 1 more day to live &  u wanna end that. U should seek help hun... theres nothing better than talking it helps get rid of all ur worries

Posted by: Tango | 2008-10-31

Please - at the top of this page is the numbers for emergency help. Try and give them a call. There is someone there waiting to help you.

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Panda | 2008-10-31

It is never ok to commit suicide there are more people than you know that are there for you and love you, its a case of reaching out and speaking to someone because when someone cares for you they would never judge you or what you are going through. Life might seem bad but this too shall pass if you give it a chance. Life is for living and there are people that who want you to love it with them.

Take Care.

Reply to Panda