Posted by: phytoplanktonite | 2009-01-16

I must come up with my own job functions

In the past 6 months or so I was made to relequish my position and I had to assume another newly created position as an administrator with out any specific job functions or an amended contract. I do every bit of everything. Now I`ve been asked to come up with specific functions that I perform for each hour in an 8 hr daily shift so they can be able to put a new contract together. I`m perplexed by this notion coz it`s time for salary reviews and I`m told this move has got nothing to do with that, it`s purely for future appraisals. Where do I start with this mamoth task and is it my responsibilty to come up with these crazy ideas?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Obviously there is always upheavel when there is change. It is best to be the person who outlines your own job functions as this will include only the parts that you want to do and can do.