Posted by: Mystery Guy | 2009-06-22

I met this girl...

So, i' m stuck in a situation that is draining me emotionally. I met this girl a couple months back. She' s really great.

Initially when we met, it was a pretty much blind date scenario. She said we should be friends (that' s the F-Bomb), as she pretty much didn' t know me from a bar of soap (that' s what i' m assuming).

Anyway, we' ve gone out a few times. She' s never once refused my invitation to go out... She' s always answered my call / sms' s almost immediately... it' s very unfamiliar territory for me as the women in my past never did this sort of thing (go to voice mail or respond like a week later).

We seem to have a lot in common and do get a long well. I want something more, but don' t want to scare her away.

It' s just so emotionally draining... I just don' t know what my next step is...

I'll leave the main answer to our readers who are more expert in these areas ! Interesting, though --- it sounds as though you have become so used to the women of your acquaintance playing harder to get, that you're not sure what to do when this very nice woman seems interested in meeting with you. A bit like a dog who always chases passing cars, and isn't quite sure what to do when one of the cars actually stops !
There are various possibilities, obviously. And unlike P> S> I don't think psychosis is likely to be one of them ! Maybe she really likes you but wants to take a little time before proceeding further towards romance ; maybe she likes you but due to past experiences is unduly cautious. Maybe she likes you and really needs a friend right now rather than something more romantic. Discuss it gently with her --- that should help you to udnerstand each other better, and to find the best option

Posted by: Liza | 2009-06-23

P>  S>  Congratulations on knowing the female psyche better than a woman.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: killer | 2009-06-23

Ok you need to ask her again if she wants something serious - or try and pull her (kiss her etc)

if neither of the above work (she pulls away from a kiss..or says only friendship) run quietly to the door and keep running YOU DO NOT WANT a woman in your life that you love only being your friend TRUST ME.

Reply to killer
Posted by: P> S>  | 2009-06-23

And ONLY listen to male advise on this do not trust psychotic female advice it might just destroy you...

Reply to P&gt S&gt 
Posted by: Liza | 2009-06-23

Relax. The signs are good. Go for the next step. Chances are she' ll appreciate it.

Good Luck

Reply to Liza
Posted by: sandy | 2009-06-22

follow ur heart man! sounds like its going well so far.
if u really like her then take a step further and start dating officially. u have nothing to lose and only experience to gain
I have a feeling she' d be happy with that kind of arrangement  -) good luck

Reply to sandy