Question
Posted by: Karen | 2010/07/20

I know its VERY ODD.. but!

I suffer from Migraine''s alot.. And i have now had 5 people tell me that Smoking can ease the pain of this??

I dont smoke and used too on the very ODD occasion!!!!

I know this seems so riduculous but 5 people have told me this...

IS THERE ANY TRUTH IN THIS?

Hallo Karen
Smoke can actually be a migraine trigger, and the side effects and harmful effects of smoking are too risky to use it as a "medication" for migraines. There are safer medicines on the market you can use. If it is really bad, see a neurologist or headache clinic.
dr Bets

3
Posted by: Jena | 2010/07/20

I doubt that. What ever you don''t start smoking. I also suffer from migraines. Go see your doc and try find out what causes your migraines.

Reply to Jena
Posted by: ANon | 2010/07/20

SOunds very unlikely.
A great help for migraines is a herb called feverfew - ask your health shop for a supplement. You take it every day &  it reduces how often you get them &  the severity.

Reply to ANon
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/20

Hallo Karen
dr Bets