Question
Posted by: Because I should know better | 2010/03/31

I know it shouldn''t bother me

Hello CS

Long story.

My whole family seems to have a bad name in this silly little town we live in. Call it small town syndrome if you like. My mom has gone on for so many years about how women in this town just don''t like her. These women are snobs anyway.

I know my mom has not done anything terrible we don''t know about but women in this town have a dirty smell under their noses.

Now last night I was invited to a church dinner with some friends. Anyway, these English women of the town are the worst. I just kindly asked who was sitting at this table as we were all placed at different tables. I just asked. Never in my life have I received such dirty looks from this women. These so called holier than thou people

It just got to me so bad last night. It was not just this one lady but a few that were there and I know all of them. Never in my life have I come across such sour looks on their faces. Is it because I am a " surname"  you see.

I hurts me a little because what makes them better than anyone else. We have not done anything in this town. Is it becuase my mother is just odd in her own ways that she doesn''t always agree with people. Is it becuase I have so many siblings. Always getting remarks oh did you know so n so is from the " surname"  family.

My mother is the kindest of souls. She goes out of her way to help a person even when she knows they don''t like her very much.

I just need to let it out because I don''t know where all this comes from and last night just got to me. I never want to be in their company again. Thank goodness I have that choice.

I know I can''t explain properly and what the cause really is. Just these women from years and years of knowing my mother and living in a small town. I can''t think of what it could be.

It really hurts me. I feel like such an outkast in everything!

Sorry to hear you have run into uch a narrow-minded community of snobs and ignorant people. I suspect if we knew in more detail how these awful women think, it'd be an insult to find that they liked you !
One rule I have always found to be true - those who think they are Holier Than Thou, are Holier than nobody

3
Posted by: Jason | 2010/03/31

Often the snobby ones are the ones with the most skeletons in the closet that live with more envy than a normal person should.

Personally I would just put it down to good old jealousy and get over it.

Reply to Jason
Posted by: gooby | 2010/03/31

hello, sorry to hear about your difficulty with other people try to ignore them....doesnt really matter much in the end anyway, there lives are so empty meaningless and shallow that you and your family are probably a big high light in their lives, to talk about and be cruel etc....dont stress reptiles are reptiles thats juts a part of life!

what do you mean by the " surname"  thing? do these people not have surnames aswell? just wondering...

Reply to gooby