Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/11

I know he is bad for me, but I am battling to leave

I met this guy a few weeks ago, and from the first date there were things that he did that weren' t right, like going through my phone etc. I left it as odd behaviour, and the next time we went out, he really pushed me to do something I was never comfortable with doing, and when I backed out, he got cruel and cold and had me in tears. I was shocked, and the next day ended it, but he told me I mustn' t be crazy, and somehow I turned out to be the bad guy.
Then he ignores me for a week, I get upset, and he phones me and tells me I am crazy and weird and what' s wrong with me etc... I even had to apologise, and when I wanted to phone him to explain, he just said not now, and left it.
SO yes, I know this guy is not good news, so I decided today to end it by telling him I met someone else, otherwise he' ll call again and confuse me. Already he is controlling, mean and cruel, yet I feel like the bad guy. Why? ANd howcome I regret my decision to leave him?

Wy on earth are you still seeing or communicating with this guy ? Take no more phone calls from him ; change your number if necessary. Why even try to explain to him ? You feel like a bad guy because you have most unwisely bought his argument that you are --- a guy who is ugly and unpleasant, and takes no responsibility for his own actions. If you really can't see his arguments for the rubbish they are, see a counsellor to improve your self-esteem and confidence

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/12

Thanks for all the comments. I have come to realise how easy it is for me to be manipulated, which is something I have to sort out within myself. However, I have written this guy off and will never have contact with him again, and I won' t even be tempted to do so in the future.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/12

Maybe you like " bad boys" , and deep down inside you get a kick out of it and thats why you cant seem to shake this idiot off your thoughts. i would have dumped his sorry-|-as soon as I saw him looking through my phone...Jeez what a crud! And then you still go back for more punishment!!!! Come on now, get real.

Find yourself a real man who treats you with respect from the first second and continues to do so indefinatley...but then ' nice guys'  are boring right?

Posted by: Lady man | 2009/06/12

I agree 100% leave him. Surely you can get bettter.

Reply to Lady man
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/11

Oooh my girl, you better get out of there - and as fast as a bullet!!! I watch this thing on Crime channel last night where the guys acted exactly the same way and a few weeks later killed the girlfriends' . Pls, get out and leave him alone... your life is way more important, even if you need to get a restraining order against him! Just tell your parents / friends / family anyone.. get out there! Strength!