Question
Posted by: Alone | 2010/10/02

I just don''y know

Since my daughters birth, when I realised that the man I maried was not the man that courted me... I have stayed in a marraige that is not giving anything back to me.

WE used to have huge fights about how he sees life and how I do. We stopped having them years ago as they did not go anywhere. The more I gave the more he wanted. Marraige counseling didn''t work. But I stayed.... because I don''t want to be alone.

But, actually I am! He is not there when I need him, not willing to help! He just wants to receive.

How much can one person give before they run out of life energy?

I cry myself to sleep at night.. he doesn''t even notice, and if he does he doesn''t care.

I''m so scared. I''m so alone. What should I do? Should I do anything... should I just keep on keeping on?

I think sometimes, if good marriage counselling by a competent counsellor, doesn't work, there is often a need for at least one of the couple to move on into individual counselling. As aduolts, we need to learn to be confident and comfortable alone - and are then more free to form good relationships, too.
And, as you've discovered by perhaps compromising too comprehensively, you can be very alone while technically within a relationship.
I don't see a great deal of point in carrying on LIKE THIS, but it's the like this that needs to change. See a shrink ( if possible ) for a proper assessment - you may understandably have become depressed, and deserve treatment for that, and maay need personal therapy / counselling to work out what is now best for you and how to achieve that

1