Question
Posted by: Xiao97 | 2008/07/21

I just dont feel ready.....

I' m a 14 year old girl and I' m having a bit of a boy problem. Sometimes when I have a good conversation with other boys we start to enjoy ourselves and have fun... but at the last minute when he would want to take me out somewhere which I really dont mind. He would suddenly just want to go straight onto sex. I prefer starting off a relationship to get to know each other better. I can' t just go straight onto sex because I don' t feel ready. But I had this problem quite a few times now... I cant understand why???? All I want is a normal relationship for a start. Thanks.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

you are well within your rights to not want to rush into a sexual relationship and at 14 you are leally not old enough to have consensual sex - you have to be 16 to be able to give consent, any younger and it is considered statutory rape.

If you find yourself with someone who is pushing you in this regard make it clear that either they respect your wishes or you move on. There will be other people out there who feel the same way as you that you can have a relationship with.

Consider that its better to not be in a relationship unless you are happy in it. You have a right to be respected.

3
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/22

Girls... having sex can be fun, yes. But it is so much better when you& #39 re in a committed relationship with someone you love and care about. It& #39 s so much better if you know how to protect yourself against pregnancy, AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases. Don& #39 t run risks just to satisfy a selfish boy. Save yourself for a man who will appreciate you.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: jenny | 2008/07/22

i am 14 and i have had sex a few time now and once u start u cant stop
most guy just want to get into ur pants which is great sometimes if the guy knows what he is doing but most times its a great let down
do it when u feel ready to do it
just remember it u do do it just have fun when u do

Reply to jenny
Posted by: M | 2008/07/21

Stick to your guns and wait. Besides atr your age it is statutory rape if someone has sex with you and they can be charged accordingly. If memory serves me correct you have to be at least 16. Still wait until you are ready not when they are.

Reply to M