Posted by: Minky | 2009-01-21

I just don' t know what to do anymore

Dear Doc
I don' t see a reason for me to leave anymore because of the following reasons

I am infertile and struggling to come up with fees for doing IVF process = R40.000.unfortunately that' s the only way I can fall pregnant.

my husband thinks my iq is low he sometimes say that i am stupid. he is always giving me silent treatment and only tells me that he loves me twice per year. our sex life sucks.

i am jealous of his kids. he is always talking about his kids telling me how intelligent they are, yet i' m depressed about my infertility its like rubbing salt in the wound

i hate my job.

EVERYTHING is just bad can a human being survive under all these circumstances???

Call Lifeline promptly, and arrange to see a good local shrink for afull assessment and advice. There are many good reasons for continuing to live, which you are not noticing right now. Its unfortunate if you are truly unable to conceive --- but that's not the only way to have children, and there are many lovely babies and children desperately needing love and mothering. And if your husband only rarely has sex with you, of course the chances of conception would be low, anyway. Maybe marriage counselling could help improve the relationship--- having a baby with such a man will definitely NOT improve the relationship, lwet alone save it. A counsellor could help you gain self0confidence, and work out ways to handle the emotional abuse of your husband who is indeed stupid if he feels he needs to keep on calling you stupid, which is not true.
Human beings can survive, and eventually thrive, even in very much more dreadful situations than what you have experienced. Don't give up, you can still sort this out with the appropriate help

Posted by: Hope | 2009-01-22

Can I be honest? yes maybe you are infertile but going through this unnecessary stress that HE is putting you through is not going to make the situation easier. If he calls you stupid and throws salt on your wounds, esp when it comes to motherhood, are you sure that you would want a kid with him?I can understand that you are jealous of his kids because you are in this situation, but please remember this that there is much more to be happy about. It is obvious that what you are going through has a negative effect on every aspect in your life, like your job etc. Keep strong and get rid of all those things that are making you an unhappy person. Good luck!!!!

Reply to Hope
Posted by: What? | 2009-01-21

And you want a baby with this man? Why? He thinks you have a low IQ and says things like you are stupid. He is an abuser! It is verbal abuse - Me thinks he is the idiot - it doesn' t take rocket science to make babies, so he can' t be that smart after all! Don' t have a baby with him until you have given your relationship some careful thought. You are not stupid! Pick up your chin girl and look at all your options. Hugs*

Reply to What?