Posted by: Can trust | 2009-07-18

I hurt because of past problems

Our relationship starts on a backfoot - he is 12 years younger. We have been seeing each other for 14 months and basically live together. He tells me everyday he loves me and is so loving and kind. However, when he was in Australia for 3 weeks in March, I found out that he had been e-mailing women on Facebook (I found these messages by accident and instead of signing off, I read them). I confronted him and he apologised ... I dont believe he physically cheated but the messages were pretty graphic. I cant bear it when he is on the phoine sms' ing and I continuously check his facebook and hotmail accounts to see whats going on. This is killing me and alothough I love him, and he hasnt put a foot wrong, I feel I need to end this but dont want to. But i have been hurting for 4 months... how do I put this behind me> > > 

For one partner to be sinificantly younger isn't a compulsory problem. See a relationship counsellor together --- this isn't a problem that lies entirely within you, or even entirely within him.