Question
Posted by: Lee | 2010/05/19

I have trouble excreating waste normally, please assist.

Hello Doc.

I have had problems when going to the toilet to make a poo for a few years and I''m a little worried as to why I cannot poo normally.
Firstly, I only poo every third or forth day, sometimes even longer apart than that, and when I do eventually go, sometimes it feels as though the poo is too big to come out my bum and I have to push on the soft skin between my vagina and anus (and I can feel it sitting there) and push, then it comes out and my anus bleeds a little and the poo is rather large. Other times it is very small and comes out like little pellets, almost like a rabbits poo!
I don''t know if it is the muscles needed to push harder that are weak (how can I exercise them) or if the intestine/tube by my anus is too large and the poo doesn''t flow out properly. I dunno what to do or what kind of doctor too see about this.

Hallo Lee
Please see a gynecologist as you have the typical symptoms of a rectocele ( See http://www.fascrs.org/patients/conditions/rectocele/) You may need a small operation to correct this. Try to use Lactulose 10-15 ml each night to keep your stool soft.
dr Bets

4
Posted by: irene | 2010/05/20

USE GNLD PRODUCT CALLED TRE-EN-EN,ITS WONDERFUL,ITS FULL OF FIBRE AND OTHER VITAMINS AND MINERALS,ITS A SUPPLEMENT AND GOOD ONE.

Reply to irene
Posted by: Lee | 2010/05/20

Thank you Doc, I read that article and it was very informative! That explains my symptoms exactly! Oh my word, I hope I can rectify this using medicine and not an operation.
I don''t suffer with any problem with my vagina, except for pain during intercourse, but it''s only happened about 3-4 times.
Thanks again.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: anon | 2010/05/19

You are constipated. Eat lots of fiber rich foods and drink lots of water... Not sure if you also need some laxatives to kick start your digestion, though.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/19

Hallo Lee
dr Bets