Question
Posted by: M | 2010/06/22

I have tried what I know how.

CS. I have been for counsilling &  more &  more.....I have spoken to pastors &  even a shrink.....Even reading some of the posts..I cant help but think...yeah right...its all just talk &  more talk & ....you can talk till you blue, if you cant put it in action it doesnt help anyone I havent tried CBT, mostly cause I am not even making it thru the month. Its ironic that the people that can get the most benefit from things like CBT, are the ones that can''t afford it. I am tired of trying, tired of messing up, tired of destroying children, there is no point to all of this. It is just all one big mess, trying to make a living, trying to raise kids, fighting for what you want...why? Nobody is really happy anyway. If you are going to tell me that I sound depressed &  need to find a good shrink.....I am too disillusioned &  tired.

Hi M, I'm sorry to hear you seem to have seen a number of counselors without feeling it helped much. CBT does sound more your line of approach, as it looks at unhelpful habits of behaviour and the thoughts that go along with them, and involves practical homework for you to do. YOu also sound depressed, and I hope that is being helped, too. YOu could explore if your nearest medical school dept of psychiatry or of psychologisy, or a psychologisy or Social Work dept of you nearest university, might have a CBT style training program, and they might be able to provide free treatment by their students, with the added benefit for you of keen students and that they;'d be under proper supervision

2
Posted by: anon | 2010/06/23

hi M

i cant afford it either, but we (my husband and i) made a decision to give up certain things (like a car) for me to be able to.

it is also true that people who need it most dont really see the use of doing it, like you, like me initially and many other. at least youre here on the forum, which has to mean something in the line of you admit you need help. are you on meds?

surely cs has better advise, i just feel for you, i now what it feels like to have no hope or motivation that things can be better.

all the best.

Reply to anon