Posted by: Amanda | 2009-09-23

I have no compassion

Dear CS my step father whom I dont have such a fabulous relationship with had a mild heart attack. He did have one prior to this. He is extremely overweight, eats junk, doesnt exercise and doesnt take his meds. We visited him in hospital and in front of everybody I said " Well it shouldn' t come as a suprise really with his lifestyle"  My husband was horrified and said I was selfish and had no compassion for people. I think I just said, out aloud what everybody else was thinking anyway. I wont lie I really dont feel sorry for him he brought it upon himself. Also my alcholic gran who has broken almost every part of her body once has broken her leg and I refused to go and see her in hospital I' m tired. Why wont people learn. Everybody thinks I' m an ugly person.

I responded the other time you posted this question

Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2009-09-23

I was the teen who often told my alcoholic father that if he didn' t drink so much, he wouldn' t have so many problems. You can imagine how that went down... When you see a situation for what it is, well, what other truly honest response is there?

You do learn to be more tactful along the way. It is a VERY good idea to keep what you know to be true, to yourself. Most people can' t stand hearing the naked truth.

And sometimes, afterwards, you learn that you didn' t have the full picture and your viewpoint was faulty, even wrong. That' s when you' re especially glad you kept quiet, so you don' t have egg all over your face.

Asbergers? Um.. I KNOW I don' t have Asbergers...

Reply to Kay in Gtown
Posted by: Sidney | 2009-09-23

Amanda - do some research into Aspergers Syndrome  you might have it...

Reply to Sidney