Question
Posted by: BEW | 2009/10/28

I have it

I have bipolar
after some crazy weeks of poor decision making lots of drinking, and some hurting myself and others i eventually saw my psychiatrist. Meds changed again.

trying really, really hard to stay focused and interested in work and life in general, trying to avoid the constant thoughts of just getting out from where i am, having a " few"  drinks and spending alot of money i just dont have.

even though these things will destroy my life i still want to.but am trying to resist.

my head is a whole lot of noise, nothing very clear, but full.

my sleep has only improved over the last two days to the point that i am now only waking up really early, unlike a week ago where it was impossible.

what if i cannot control these things in my mind

i am scared and confused, angry and agitated.

would really like something to feel normal again.

If there is now a reliable diagnosis and a suitable expert recommending helpful treatment, you should indeed manage to get out of this uncomfortable situation. Drinking alcohol isn't likely to help, nor will spending money you don't have, but that applies to all of us. You will find it easier to resist such temptations the more you continue to resist them.
From the sound of things, these are early days on your new medication plan, and I hope you will start noticing distinct improvements before long. Also, check with close friends and family - forten they can notice early improvements before you do. And keep your doc fully informed of how things are going.

3

Posted by: E | 2009/10/28

I know that you are struggling at the moment. Please just stay on your medication....it will get better. Talk to your doctor and let him know what effect the medication has on you. Keep a mood diary, in that way the dr will be able to see the trend and can help you better. My daughter has bipolar, her mood diary helped a lot to get the correct medication. Hang in there....please please try.....Your life will start to make sense again once the medication start to work. All the best!!

Reply to E
Posted by: maybe | 2009/10/28

if you are struggling maybe a trip to a psychiatric hosptial will help you get more stabilized, hey if you like it you can always stay!

Reply to maybe