Question
Posted by: Angie | 2011/02/09

I have figured it out

I just had an awakening.

Whatever is wrong with me is my fault, they can can give it a name (bipolar), they can give me meds, which they do. But its my fault, and weakness thats the problem. None of the other stuff is gonna work, cause i am too weak to change. So i am gonna stop with all the other stuff, cause its a waste of other peoples time. What will be will be. Done with trying to find the reasons.

Well, if you truly have been properly diagnosed as bipolar, then there are problems lying within your brain chemistry which are NOT YOUR FAULT. But seeking fault is not usually a useful activity. What you choose to do abou the chemical problems you have, IS your responsibility. You can work with a good shrink, use meds wisely, gain as much control over the mood swings as posible, and live the best life possible, or choose to ignore good advice and make a mess of things - that indeed would be your fault.
Then you announce that you've given up |trying to find reasons". Well, its natural to have wanted to seek them, but there are no "reasons" for being bipolar ( other than perhaps an inherited risk ) and nothing you can do about WHY this happened. But there is a lot you can do about how to handle it now, and that is up to you
And remember, if you choose to ignore expert advice and deliberately get more sick, its bad not only for you bbut for other people as well. Is that fair ?

1