Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2011/02/22

I Have A Problem

Hi CS!

Last night my fiancé  and I were at the mall, while walking I happened to see some guy that I usually see at the gym.
My fiancé  does not gym with me so he does not know this guy.
Anyways we have hardly even spoken to each other, just a hi how are you, I''m fine, How you doing. That''s about it.
I do think he is hot (actually very hot) but yip, I don''t think there''s anything wrong with me thinking another guy is hot.

So we walked past each other and he smiled at me and greet me and I done the same. I must have blushed as my fiancé  got so mad at me! He stopped and asked me who that was and I said I don''t know, he greeted me and I just greeted back. Reason being I didn’ t want to go into explaining something there and then that I could see really unsettled him.

The reason he was upset was because I blushed.
He told me I was as red as a tomato and he wished he had his cell with him so he could take a picture. Then he asked me why did I blush like that, which I wasn’ t aware of until he pointed it out. After he pointed I guess I went a shade redder too.
He wouldn''t let it go and all I wanted was for him to shut up about it already but he did not care who was around he just went on. I then told him it''s a guy from gym and then he went on about why I lied to him! Why am did I blush when I saw this guy ''that I didn''t know'' from gym.

OMG it was so embarrassing!
My problem... I blush easily.
I hate it and it really impacts on my social life.
I actually try to avoid them whenever I can.
The thing is blush for the smallest things. I could speak to someone - guy or girl and they would say something, it might not offend or embarrass me in any way but for some reason I would blush. I could think about something and I would blush- it could be something totally innocent, something stupid, something that does not even matter...

When it happened last night he thought it signified something.
How on earth do I stop this from happening, well I am 25 and it''s always been my problem and how do I explain this to him.
I hate it because sometimes guys think I have a thing for them because of this but its totally not like that.

He sounds immature and AWFULLY insecure. And maybe he was in the mood for a fight, anyway.
Doesn't he understand that you're a blusher, who blushes easily, often for very little reason ? Its not a rare problems, and of course easily becomes a vicious cycle, when you may blush because you get anxious that you may blush. A psychologist using CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) can help you to learn to gain control over this blushing.

6
Posted by: Romany | 2011/02/23

Take this lesson with you.....

NEVER LIE

If you do not lie you do not have to remember all the lies yuo have told. People that lie, get caught out in the end and then things get very bad.

You do not have to be embarrassed about the truth EVER. You go to gym with this guy so what?? What''s bad about that?

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Guy | 2011/02/22

Lying to your BF and typing how hot you find another guy!!!!!!!!!
Glad your not my GF.

Reply to Guy
Posted by: Kelly | 2011/02/22

Ummm I was embarrassed...

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Romany | 2011/02/22

The Nr 1 issue here is, he was angry because you lied. You denied knowing the guy. Why did you do that?

Your fiancee is " usually very laid back"  so why did you find it necesasary to lie then?

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Kelly | 2011/02/22

Just t add, he is never like this.
The point he made was what if that was him...
If he blushed like that speaking to another lady, what would I think/feel.
Anyhow my point is this is the first time he reacted like this regarding another guy and usually he is very laid back.
I do have a couple of guy friends and he is fine with it.So I was rather shocked by what happened last night.

Reply to Kelly