Posted by: Nthabi | 2008-10-30

I have a brown patch on my leg

I have a brown patch on my right foot on the upper leg, it had not worried me because it was not painfull and I still thought I had bumped into something and that it would fade away. This morning when I checked and compared it with the other leg, i realised that there is some softness that is not on the other leg. should I be worried?

Dear Nthabi
Yes please see a doctor - brown spots on the skin that suddenly appear, change shape or colour, are bigger than 4mm or have irregular borders could be a melanoma, a particular dangerous kind of skin cancer. Rather have it checked out so that if it is, you can have it attended too before it infiltrates too deep.

Posted by: busisiwe | 2009-05-19

info on leg cancer

Reply to busisiwe