Question
Posted by: Jancie | 2010/07/07

I hate my paranoid side

I know this is unhealthy, I want a few suggestions as to how to deal with this without seeing a therapist.
I am terrified to make plans with my GFs and be away from my BF in case he goes out with one of his lady friends and realises he doesnt want to be with me or if he goes out with one of his guy friends then I am scared that they convince him that he doesnt need me. I hate this and I want to be rid of these thoughts now.

Check round, there may be some self-help CBT style books for dealing with obsessiveness. In deciding where a style like obsessiveness lies on the spectrum from mild personality quirk to major OCD, the usual main criterion is the extent to which it interferes with your ability to be successful and content in work and play.
The bf you seem to be describing sounds somewhat dodgy, if he is going out with lady friends and you see so unsure of him. Apart from your own possible lack of self-confidence

4
Posted by: Happiness | 2010/07/07

Mmm it looks like your paranoid side only kicks in only when its concerning your boyfriend. If you''re afraid he''s gonna leave, he will leave and when he does let him go. It will simply means he was not the one. We can''t control other peoples behaviors even if we tried.

Reply to Happiness

Whoops didnt mean to post that here

Posted by: re sensitivity/intelligence | 2010/07/07

When you say obsessiveness, do you mean in a pathological sense? I do tend to over-analyse things although this has never stopped me from achieving. How does one separate the analytical mind/left brain chatter from that of more OCD behaviour or perhaps even OCPD?

Reply to re sensitivity/intelligence