Question
Posted by: loti | 2008/10/15

i hate my mother in law

hello everyone

I have a problem with my mother in law.it started few month after we got married. at first i thought she was nice and i used to take care of her like giving her clothes and buying her furniture since she did not have anything the time i got married.

i later found out that she takes size and she like critisizing my family and the village i come from.i then realized that she is not good.when she visit my house she will tell me that hey i dont eat salt, i dont eat cheap oil,i dont eat that and that. she complains about my weight,my clothes,my religion,the way i am raising my child.

the other time she visited, my hubby came back at 3am and when i told her she said i know my sons, when they are not happy in their homes thats what they do.

I have opened my own business now and it is making money.when she came over she said why didnt i involve his son to be my fanancial manager and she thinks we should do this together.when i started my husband was not supportive and he told me that he does not give a shit about my business and he is not interested.

now that thousands are comin in he wants to put his nose.control my drivers , want to check their petrol usage and things like that. i told him to back off.

now my mom in law once said i took my little one to stay with my mom because i want my husband to support my family.well my family is poor but my husband has not done anything for my mom, while we were busy buying things for her mom.

now i realised that my mom in law want us to help her but she is selfish. i hate her so much that i dont want her in my house though i have not told her. this weekend she came and she started cross questioning my helper and telling her that she is the woman of that house and she likes her and some other things.

she asked me to give money for transpost and i just looked at her.when she left i told my husband stratight that she will not get anything from me and if he is not happy i am willing to devorce and thats what i am thinking now.

Discuss this with your husband, who ought to be the primary person discussing this with his mom, including explaining to her that if she doesn't like you or your cooking or how you run YOUR home, she doesn't have to visit, and if she does, she should be polite and appreciative and stop being so critical. And that she is there only as your guest, and is never the boss woman in your home.
And tell him that as he had no interest in or support for your business when you were starting up, he must not interfere now, and if and when you might need his help, THEN you will ask him. And remind him to remind her, that you have been supporting and assiting her financially, and not your own family.
I entirely understand your feelings about this . And if he doesn't like it, maybe suggest marriage counselling as the only other alternative ?

2
Posted by: some1 | 2008/10/15

tell her to go to hell and don' t even feel guilty for saying this.

Reply to some1
Posted by: Loti | 2008/10/15

cybershrink thank you so much. sometimes you try to be a good person and people take advantage of that.

that you so much for you reply.

Reply to Loti