Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2013/07/14

i had a disagreement with my boss. he accused me of manipulation and I told him that he is extremely controlling. he got personal and told me I would never be promoted in the unit and he would not recommend me to another unit... so i resigned -

Should I have resigned it felt like he forced me to resign and I feel resentful.. in the four years that I have worked in the same unit I have reported to him and another manager - I never had an issue with my previous manager but only with him - I told him we had a personality conflict and he said no... he said I encourage people to my way of thinking which is incorrect - he is an Afrikaans male who loves to be in control and does not like to be challenged. he runs a unit where he is not a learned member of the team and feels intimidated. he has a high staff turnover as we have to do things his way