Question
Posted by: kakl | 2009/10/16

I feel stupid feeling this way

I think i am perhaps a little too sensitive - or maybe is my male ego i just don' t know all i know is it is starting to bother me.

I have a gf who is excellent in most ways - we stay apart but we maintain regular contact, i call her every singel day just to check if all is well you know.

Recently - there has been one issue that keeps bothing me- i would call her during her lunch right, she will find a way to speak to someone while on the phone talking to me, i would prefer for her to say at least hold on let me talk to some one or call me later but we could be in the middle of a conversation and she would start talking to someone in her side - i have to wait for her and then continue...

I feel stupid because this is small but it has happened everyday this week and it makes me feel ignored or not important enough .....

I feel stupid to even complain about this but is an issue for me and it is building recentment inside me- i am no longer as happy to call her as i was. i am anticipating someone to chip in talk to her and stuff like that .......

I mean to phone - it costs money too, to wait for two minutes and then continue sounds negligent don t you think ?

Hello K,
Well, in the situation you describe, there is nothing wrong or stupid in your reactions, but what she is doing is very rude indeed, and you should calmly discuss this with her. Its probably not about her thinking of you as unimportant, and may be how she treats everyone on the phone, which could be bad for her job. If she's busy she should call you back. If a co-worker walks by they can talk later. And why can't she call you ?
It may seem a small thing, but it represents something at least wrong with her manners and attitude towards others.

2
Posted by: almost mad | 2009/10/19

I simply think you need to stop calling her during her lunch break. Lunch is a time to eat and socialise etc. Not a time to sit on her phone. I am sure that a hello during lunch is okay, but not a full out conversation while she is trying to relax.

Reply to almost mad

Hello K,