Posted by: cebe | 2008-11-27

i feel so angry and humiliated!!

Hi everyone and to Doc,If i ever knew the consequences i would have not trusted this lady before, Here' s my story.

I am a married woman who respects herself and others too, i know what it means to be a human being in this world.Okay i' m pregnant and i did not want anyone to know about this at work or people that i know until they see the pregnancy themselves, but of course my hubby and my mom knows about this. So at work i used to eat a lot sometimes go to the loo manytimes,and there is this woman who call herself a christian and much younger than her, so she noticed my eating habits and came to office saying that she is older and she can see when a woman is pregnant, i denied it until i told her the truth because i did not want anyone to know especially in the first trimester, so she congragulated me and said it' s good since i'  married i trusted that she will remain with thsi until anyone sees for herself but ohhhhhhh if i knew that i' m creating a bomb for myself,she went behind my back telling my boss about it and always teases me of eating too much, i fail to understand that because she is a grown woman and a christian why can' t she bahve likewise, not in the office know that i' m pregnant of which i did not want them to know, i' m very am proud that i' m pregnant but it was too early for everyone to know. i feel so disgraced and humiliated about her actions as woman the age of my mother , i thought she' s grown up in her mind but i was and what do i do now. no more hiding and what else and how do i avoid her coz she keeps on coming to my office and you cant' s just chase someone from you office as this is company place

She's no Christian, judging by her behaviour, and of course insisting that you ARE one sometimes indicates that you're not, but find it a useful strategy to get people to trust you. She probably thought she could seem very clever by spreading your secret. You don't need to chase her from your office, but you can calmly tell her that as she broadcast something she knew you wanted kept a secret for now, you of course can't trust her again, and don't feel you could be friends --- so you can continue to work together when the work requires it, but don't want to chat

Posted by: almost mad | 2008-11-28

Doc is right. Tell her calmly that you are fine to work with her but you are intersted in friendship and if she could refrain from coming to your office unless it is for work purposes. I figure you didnt want people to know because 3 months is the most common part of a pregnancy that women have miscarriages.

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: ME | 2008-11-27

Did you asked her not to say a word to anyone? She' s was not supposed to do that anyway, its none of her business. Why don' t you want to anyone to know? (just curious)

Reply to ME