Question
Posted by: Rocks | 2011/09/14

I feel nothing

I''ve been with my husband for 13 years. I''m only in my twenties. I haven''t had an orgasm for years. I never had any problem - I just went from having them to not having them anymore. I had a baby a couple of months ago and things have gone from bad to worse. I feel nothing. I don''t get turned on. I don''t enjoy sex anymore because there is never a good outcome for me. I''m always left feeling really frustrated. I''m not sure what I''m supposed to do anymore. We''ve tried new things, new ways but nothing. I''ve even gone to a homeopath but still there is no feeling. I don''t want to go the rest of my life without having that joy. I don''t want it to negatively affect my marriage because we are still so young. Must I carry on through life and just accept it?

I would strongly recommend that you and your husband seek the professional assistance from a psychologist that works specifically in the field of sexual health. The coming of a baby often has more of a disruptive impact on the relationship and how we approach sexual intercourse as what we can imagine. It also happens that “negative” sexual experiences to a certain extent result in more negativity that could have been avoided with constructive professional intervention. The sooner you and your husband seek help the quicker you will be able to return to your relationship in a fulfilling manor.
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011/09/16

Reply to Sexologist