Question
Posted by: Sue | 2009-04-02

I feel like such a FAILURE

Hi doc
I feel so down in the dumps and such a failure right now ......
I started a new job at a new company , the person who' s job I have taken over left after 2 weeks , leaving me to do EVERYTHING on my own , I have been here for 2 months , none of the senior managers double check if I do everything right , in my mind I am doing pretty good only to find that I make mistakes (which I fix and learn from and have not repeated) , I come in early and leave past my due time just to get through the day , I am also still finding my feet ..... there are so much involved in this job , I know I can manage it , just I feel it is very unfair for this company to leave me to my own mercy , and when I' ve made an error I make sure I dont do it again , but since I do so many things I make many errors (well at least for now) , I can see the dissapointment on my bosses face and I feel like a failure , it is so difficult for me to actualy show my good points and there are , it feels as if no one see' s them and discuss my boo-boo' s in the corridor ......

The company let you down badly --- they shouldn't have let the other person leave beforre they had fully trained you and made sure you were comfortable in the job, and they shouldn;t just leave you on your own to sink or swim. Isn't there an HR person or dept to discuss this with ? If you're learning from yoru mistakes, then you're doing better than they are ! Can you talk this over with your boss ? Maybe they should give you some training or support ?