Question
Posted by: Mee | 2010-01-27

I feel like moving from SA

I love my country, but i dont feel like i belong here, i was born with a disability in legs, then i got into a car accident, people in my area dont treat me the same, I' m tired of being discriminated, maybe in other countries like Australia people are treated the same. Even my own mom never accepted me for what I am. I dont wanna kill myself, course I want to finish my degree 1st.

Prejudice against the disabled ( as disabled myself, I really do know what you mean ) is sadly common in SA, and the authorities do nothing to discourage it. Don't even dream of killing yourself - you deserve no punishment at all, let alone the death penalty ! I'm not sure of the situation in Australia. I remember in America and Canada when I worked there, and in the UK, there were good laws forbidding prejudice against the disabled and requiring things like proper whelchair access, etc., even that all public lifts must have the floors and directions in Braille as well as ordinary print

3
Posted by: sam | 2010-01-28

Your work opportunities are actually very good in SA, as far as BEE goes. I’ d say, finish that degree, and like they say in Afrikaans “ Byt vas”  because, when you are finished, you are going to be able to get a fantastic job, and you will be considered above all the other candidates. Lets see what those people who are discriminating against you say when you have the better house, bigger bank account, and the cushiest job.

Reply to sam
Posted by: Karla | 2010-01-27

People are judgemental all over the world. I know people who have gone to Australia an they are aparently not all very nice people.

Reply to Karla