Posted by: Mel | 2009-03-23

I feel like a hypochondriac

I am 42 years old, female.(slighly overweight) For the past few months I have not been feeling well. I am not sick but just feel generally unwell.
A year ago the clinic sister told me I had low blood sugar but when the DR did tests all was fine. I have always had low blood pressure.

I wake up with a headache (have a mild headache most of the day) , I feel lethargic and tired and often feel shaky like I need to eat (although I am eating).

I also have a sore swollen ankle which has been worrying me for about 2 years - the Dr did xrays and there is nothing wrong. As soon as I walk around the shops etc it swells up and is sore

Any advice??

Hallo Mel
You may have an underlying inflammatory condition like gout in the ankle, did your doctor check your uric acid levels? Chronic anxiety and depression can cause feelings of tiredness and lethargy. You may have intermittend low blood sugar, try to follow a diabetic diet for a week or so to see if this helps for the shakiness ( refined sugar tends to cause over stimulation of insulin causing peaks and falls of bloodsugar) Chronic headache can be caused by allergies or chronic neck muscle spasm, so your doctor needs to have a look at this for you. Chronic pain tablet use can also cause recurring headache.

Posted by: Mel | 2009-03-23

Forgot to mention I have had 3 boils in the space of 2 weeks .

Reply to Mel