Posted by: Boblina | 2009-03-16

I feel done in.

As a Cashbook Clerk I know everything that goes into and out of the companies books.

What really is getting to me so much so that I want to look for another job is that I see what others get.

When we had stocktake everyone got R100 for petrol and lunch, from the managers to the factory staff. I got nothing. Then I saw another person also got nothing and thought ok maybe it' s not just that the boss does not like me but two days later this guy brings me a slip for over R400 the boss said he must take his wife to dinner to make up for having to work the saturday for Stocktake.

Then a guy goes on a course and I go on the same course the next day...He brings me a slip for nearly R300 for petrol - the boss said he must fill up his car.

Apart from myself there is only two other ladies in the company one being the bosses wife. The boys all go on a team building weekend. The girls get nothing. When I ask about this the bosses wife said she dislikes the other lady to much to go with her anywhere.

We have a R500 voucher that gets given to the person who has worked the hardest in a month or saved the company money - I have never got this. But I do believe I' ve done enough to deserve this.

I always hear how great I am and even though i' ve been here 3 years he still tells me it was the best day when I started because the previous girl did this and that etc.

When anyone does something good they get a reward. When I was here 1 year and the financial year went though and the auditors came and reported he could not praise me enough. Our department - made up of 4 people got a pizza to share.

The other day i mentioned to him that one staff member feels neglected because he never acknowledges him and he is the sales manager - he said he earns a huge enough salary to not get these benefits. I' ve just been given a slip where the boss took out this person and his entire family for dinner.

What do i do? Right now Im so upset and feel unappreciated. Do I wait till increase time in April and see what increase i get?

Thanking you for any assitance or advice.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Unfortunately you do not have rights at the workplace to receive the same benefits as other employees.

Posted by: Annoyed | 2009-03-22

Complain to seniour management, voice your dissaproval because sometimes this is all that helps. The workplace is about the last place where U can expect 2b treated fairly + justly. Most bosses have their favourites who get better treatment than others. It is sad but also a fact of life.

Reply to Annoyed
Posted by: Had enough | 2009-03-19

I worked 4 a co. where the new boss of 3 yrs. thanks the staff + praises them every month-end 4 their efforts. However come increase time it' s 4% with a hard luck letter as 2 why it could not b more. From July - Dec. last year 5 of us left 4 this reason. When asked why I had resigned I replied that talk is cheap but money buys the whisky. If a boss appreciates me then it must b shown in my salary, after all I can' t buy my family anything with thank you' s.

Reply to Had enough