Question
Posted by: trin | 2012/10/30

I eat a clean diet , what''s wrong with me ?

Hi , My name is Trinity I am 21 years old ,a dancer and a complete health nut :)In the past year I''ve went off dairy and it made me feel amazing but these past 4 months I''ve gained weight felt very sluggish and have developed horrible acne and body odor that won''t go away:( As a dancer it''s very hard struggle with these things I just don''t get it here is my daily diet pleeeaaase help !
Breakfast 8oz 1/2 old fashon oats 1/3 blueberries , green tea/canyyan pepper and lemon =176 cal 33carbs/ fat 3/protein5
lunch shake ( Total vegan protein ,5oz frowen spinach,2 cups kale,1 med banna ,cinnamon,ice)=281 cal /41carbs/1gfat/8gprotein
Dinner 1/4 black beans,Broccoli 3/ ,fish or chicken with grilled onion,= depending on meat choice 206 ,/25carb/29/28 protien
Snacks in between breakfast and lunch is usually always 14 carrotos,1/2 celery,and 1/2 cherry tomatoes between lunch and supper its an apple/hummus and after supper if im hungry i''ll have popcorn or frozen grapes all snack range from 100-120 I also drink a tooooooooon of water being a dancer .
I have been raised healthy by my parents who ran fitness competitions half my life and I really just choose not to put bad things in my body because I hate how they make me feel but I want to feel how I used to I don''t now why but it''s like my body is not responding .I have heard too much spinach or kale can block iron ?I just havent sat down to figure out how much of everything I need ....thanks so much I really appriciate it :)

Dear Trin
If you eat a diet which only provides about 900 kcal per day and lead an active life as a dancer, then you are probably close to starvation which could make you sluggish and cause deterioration of your general health and skin. The body odour may be due to a breakdown of body cells as your body attempts to keep going. I don't know where you live, but I would guess it is not in South Africa. However, most countries have dietitians and I would urge you to see a registered dietitian to help you correct your diet to ensure that you don't die of starvation. The normal energy intake for an active adult woman is 2000 kcal per day, so you need to increase your energy intake and the dietitian needs to check your deficiencies - that ton of water you drink can be causing severe electrolyte imbalances and may be contributing to your weight gain in the form of oedema (water puffing up your tissues) and not fat!
Please go for help before you ruin your entire life at the age of 21.
Take care

1

Dear Trin
Take care