Question
Posted by: Robyn | 2010/08/29

I don''t know what''s wrong with me... :(

Dear Prof. Simpson,

I''m not quite sure how to describe how i''m feeling, but i''m generally not a happy person. I have good days, bad days and then really bad days where i''d rather stay in bed.(these happen quite often) On days such as those i''m extremely emotional and have extreme anger issues. A simple fight with my boyfriend can become so bad that i''ll break a glass or tear my razor apart in order to harm myself in a rage of anger.Sometimes i''ll even hit him... :( When i''ve calmed down i realise how silly i''ve been and feel so ashamed of my behaviour.. :( Me not being happy has affected my work, my boss says that my attitude has influenced everyone i work with :( (i''m a veterinary nurse.) I''m not sure if any of these things i''ve just mentioned qualifies as me having a problem.. i?''m just so tired of hurting the people i love...

What you are describing IS a problem, because it troubles you and lessens your enjoyment of life, work and relationships. So seeing a shrink would be an excellent idea.

3
Posted by: robyn | 2010/08/30

thank you... i''ll see what i can do... :)

Reply to robyn
Posted by: Maria | 2010/08/30

I have been there, done that. Please go and see a psychiatrist. You can be helped and your life will improve immeasurably.

Reply to Maria