Question

I dont know what to do anymore

My childs father and I broke up 3 years ago - she is now 4. We are civil to each other and then something comes up and then we dont talk to each other, the problem is when he doesnt talk to me he ignores her. She is at that age where she asks me if her dad still loves her and when I tell him this he tells me I''m lying. Last week we had an argument because he wouldnt fetch us from the hospital (she was hospitalised) and I dont have a car, he instead told me to take a taxi with his daughter at night and I didnt appreciate this. Any other time it would be fine, but not when she is being discharged. He is good with paying his share and I dont have a problem with that. I realise that we really cant be civil to each other and its best that we dont communicate, but how do we do this. I dont have any family that he can contact and his family takes his side with everything. What should I do because I cannot continue this anymore. You advice will be appreciated.

Because he is the child's father, he has an ongoing responsibility to provide maintenance for her, and if possible to be emotionally supportive to her. Talk with him about how the pair of you can come up with a workable system so that the bitterness between you won't impact negatively on the child.

4
Posted by: Me | 2010/11/03

My question exactly Whena. What about a Maxi taxi and then send him an invoice? I mean come on now.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Whena | 2010/11/03

You broke up 3 years ago but still expect him to play taxi for you?

Reply to Whena
Posted by: Happiness | 2010/11/03

Then its better you cut him out totally. He must continue with his financial support but it should end there. Its not healthy for your girl to be experiencing rejection over and over from a person who is supposed to be loving her unconditionally.

Reply to Happiness