Question
Posted by: worried | 2011/09/22

i dont know how to eat healthy

i have probably been on all the different fad diets from cabbage soup to water fasting to lose weight, so far i went from 95kg to 91 then back to 95 then back to 91, its been over a year of this yoyo dieting, and i have had it. now i want to lose weight the healthy way. no more 5kg in 3 days or crazy stunts like that. where do i start?

Dear Worried
It is indeed not a good idea to try one fad diet after the other, so I am glad that you are going to use a healthy approach to weightloss from now on. I would suggest that you try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day. While you are on the ‘DietnFood’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by also checking out the ‘Weight Loss’ section and exploring the site.

1

Dear Worried