Posted by: me | 2009-09-27

I don' t get it

I' m in kind of a strange situation. There' s this girl who I guess you could say is my aquaintance as opposed to a friend, I' ve tried becoming her friend but she seems to be so false and I' m starting to think I can' t trust her. I haven' t known her long but she hangs out in the same group of friends. She' s 23 I' m 28 so are most of my friends
( 26, 27 and 28 is the norm). Anyway, this girl has been doing what I consider to be some pretty shady things 1. there' s a guy I' m interested in that I' ve hooked up with a couple of times (common knowledge amoungst the friends)and whenever we' re all together she' s all over him but blatantly so. 2. I have a new friend, one I clicked with instantly and we are really tight, now this other girl is moving in on this relationship as well, again in a very obvious way that' s a bit strange as far as I' m concerned. 3. it seems that everything I do she needs to get in on the action and claim the moment even something as elementary as dancing: we hang out at a place where people dont usually dance but I love to so I' ll dance and people will join me. When she sees this she will suddenly come into the group kinda push me out while doing really slutty dance moves. Now other people have picked up on this behaviour and they keep telling me that as far as they' re concerned, what she' s doing is not kosher because I haven' t been unkind or rude or negative towards her.
I' m struggling to understand what' s going on. Why is she acting this way towards me and how do I handle it?

If she seems false, and you feel you can't trust her, why would you want her as a friend ? Why handle it at all ? Why on earth try at all, to make a friend with an immature, selfish and unpleasant person ?