Question
Posted by: Paul.. | 2010-02-23

I could not breath

Hi Doc yesterday evening I was snacking on some pickles when I bit into a pickled onion I could not breath I was gasping for air but nothing was comming in My wife thought I was chocking and started slapping me on my back. I had to force the air into my lungs it was really scarry.What could cause this as there was no solids in my throat
thank you Paul..

Hallo Paul
The acid in very pickled food can irritate your vocal cords causing an involuntary spasm (closing) of the vocal cords. When you bit into the onion you may have inhaled fine droplets of the vinegar.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-23

Hallo Paul

Reply to cyberdoc