Question
Posted by: Bad Dad | 2010/04/05

I caught my 16 year old daughter in bed with my best friend

I caught my 16 year old daughter in bed with my best friend. He is 43. What can I do. She tells me she is in love with him and likes sex with older men. Am I a bad father?

Expert ImageTeen expert

no I dont think you are a bad father from whatyou describe, but where are the moral scruples of your so-called best friend?

At 16 there is still a lot of emotional maturing to do, and the difference of life stage between 16 and 43 is enormous and is not healthy for her.

At 16 she is still a minor in your care and you do have the right to stop this man from seeing your daughter.

She may not thank you for it now, but a relationship of this nature could interfere with her ability to develop more healthy relationships in the future. Trust your instinct here, and consider finding a new best friend!!

5
Posted by: giggs | 2010/07/18

init zan kick the shit out of that wasteman

Reply to giggs
Posted by: zan | 2010/06/04

beat the hell out of both of them...........

Reply to zan
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010/04/16

Reply to Teen expert
Posted by: Shocked | 2010/04/08

Firstly you should lay a charge against your best friend, I dont care if you''ve been friends since elemmentary school he had no right. I mean my Fathers friends are also my dads!!! You should sit your daughter down tell her how much you love her &  how shes throwing her life away. I mean at 16 I only dated guys 16-19. 43??? thats more than double her age!!! OMG what were they both thinking????? Im speechless, angry, &  sad at the same time!!!!!

Reply to Shocked
Posted by: Rachel | 2010/04/06

That''s hectic!
I highly doubt that your daughter really knows what she wants. She''s too immature now to understand what she''s doing.

It''s time for some tough love, if she''s still living under your roof, you have full right to ground her and lay down some hefty rules. You are the parent, that doesn''t mean that you have to be her best friend. Trust me, she''ll thank you later.

And NO, I don''t think that you are a bad father.

What the hell was your friend thinking???

Reply to Rachel