Posted by: Brain dead | 2009-03-31

I cant Think

Hi Doc and everyone

I hope you will be able to help, i See the brain matter forum is closed! so now i am posting my Q here?

Lately, Like last 4 months i feel really stupid!
i cant remember a thing from one minute to the next, Like at work when i answer the phone and speak to someone, by the time i put the phone down i cant remember what they wanted or who i spoke to or from where they were phoning from, my boss will walk into my office and tell me that hes going out for an hour, ten minutes thereafter i have forgotten that hes out and i will put calls through to him or walk through the hole office looking for him and then remember that he left,
at home i will put food in the oven or on the stove, turn around go do something else and forget that i have food on the stove!
i forget where i putt stuff from my keys to my books and sometimes even my cup of coffee that i had just a moment ago and most of the times i find my cup to be in my sink empty? and i feel really tired as well i want to sleep all the time and its not as if i get too much sleep, i sleep at night only from 21:00/21:30 - 05:00
and i am tired every day the hole day, what is wrong with me?

is this a serious problem that i should be worried about or is it just a stage i am going throug? i am only 20 years old a cant be getting old age now!!!

Dear Brain Dead
It sounds as if this is more than just a passing thing - please go to your GP for a full medical check up, you may have low iron levels or low thyroid hormone levels, and he needs to do a mini-mental examination to see if you need referral for futher testing. Other causes could be stress, unrestful sleep (waking up often at night), post traumatic stress, wrong diet (too much alcohol, not enough nutrients - too much fast food), certain medications