Question
Posted by: STILL SAS | 2012/02/27

I CANT STOP MYSELF

6 MONTHS AGO MY BOYFRIEND OF 11 YEARS WALKED OUT ON ME...AFTER ONE MONTH OF LIVING TOGETHER. GRANTED WE HAD ISSUES BUT IT BLINDSIDED ME. I WAS DISTRAUGHT FOR A WHILE BUT SLOWLY I FOUND MYSELF GETTING BETTER..... I REALISED THAT HE AND I WERE NOT THE BEST OF MATCHES AND THAT IT WAS FOR THE BEST.BUT I STILL MISS HIM AND EVERY NOW AND THEN I FIND MYSELF OVERWHELMED WITH EMOTION. IM NOT SURE IF IVE BEEN LYING TO MYSELF TRYING TO CONVINCE MYSELF THAT I AM OKAY OR NOT. BUT THE SADNESS IS STILL THERE....I CANT ESCAPE IT.

HOW CAN I GET OVER THE BREAK UP ONCE AND FOR ALL?

Its perfectly normal that you may occasionally remember some of the good parts of the relationship, and forget some of the good reasons for parting ; even though you have realised sensibly that the pair of you were not a good match, and that it may be for the best that you have parted. After any loss or parting it usually takes more than 6 months to get mostly over it, maybe 9 to 12 months ; and the occasional wonder if things might have worked out, is natural. Just don't climb into unhelpful regrets

1