I cant lose weight, is there something wrong with me

I weigh 77.7kg, I' m pear shaped 29 years old and 175cm tall. I eat average of 1500 calories a day and go to gym 3 times a week where i burn 400 calories with a cardio work out or pilates. I' m 89cm aroudn my waist, 109 around my hip and 61 on my tigh.I keep a food diary and measure myself and drink more then 2.5lt of water a day. I suffer from IBS for the past 2 years and take LPZ299 and inteforlar this accures anytime from 1pm onward in the day. A typical day for me would be. Coffee at 6am, musli and yogurt at 7am (or bread or egg or whole grain rusk, 11-12pm a soup with 1 slice GI bread, Tuna salad, Tuna and veggies with low fat cheese sauce or 200g of last night supper, supper is before 7am or 7:30 at the lates and past (one serving spoon) and sauce, fish and veggies, ostrich miince as substitute for beef, or chicken with veggies. I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 7 MONTS AND HAVE NOT LOST ANYTHING. 2 years ago i weiged 67 which is what was my average weight since 13 years old. Please help is there something wrong with me or why would this be so difficult. I saw a dietician for 4 months last year and still not luck. Any advice would be so greatly appreciate. Regards PORKY

Dear Anonymous/Natasha
Your present BMI = 25,4 which is just above the upper level of normal. From what you say, it is quite possible that you do have a metabolic or hormonal problem. You are doing most of the things that one would suggest for losing weight (eating a low-GI, low-fat diet and doing regular exercise). Factors such as hormone imbalances (thyroid, insulin and female hormones) can cause weight gain and hamper weightloss. Psychological factors such as depression can also cause massive weight gain or loss depending on the person's individual response. I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to see if you have a hormone imbalance and if you suspect that depression is playing a role, then discuss this with the dr too.
Keep up the good work with the exercise because this stimulates sluggish metabolism if you have a hormonal problem and even helps to counteract depression.
I hope you can pinpoint what is preventing you from losing weight.

Posted by: Tracy | 2009-05-15

Im a little older (5 years) but the same weight and height and all the same problems. Ive had hormones checked and it came back normal. I hope I get some answers from the gynae expert. Good Luck

Reply to Tracy

Good day, thank you for your advice. I feel tuns better knowing it might be a medical condition because then there is a medical solution. It is amazing how we take our bodies for granted. I would do anything now to have the body back i had two years ago and the one which i use to complain about endlessly way back then. I assume i can go to any local GP for this medical? Have a lovely weekend and thank you again