Posted by: Dalila | 2010-03-24

I cant get over my ex .... HELP.

Even tho I asked for the divorce. Its been a year now - and we still not divorced, and for some f - ed up reason I can NOT get over the ex. I think about him ALL the time and all I wanna do is cry cry cry. The thing is he doesnt even talk to me - wants ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with me. What is going on here? Why do I feel like this? How can I pack him (his memory) into a little box and just put it in my past??? I go out with friends and have a close male accuaintance - it should be easy - shouldnt it????
Do you ever feel like you just wanna dissappear? I just f-ed up my life big time.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hello Dalila,

A divorce is a process and can be long one as it is in your case. Having not finalised your divorce can account for a lack of closure.
With the separation you lost not only a partner, but a dream too. As human beings we do not like change and a breakup is a huge change. You must first acknowledge that it has happened and then accept it. Embrace having been to married as a life experience and look forward to your new journey.
To be "stuck" with the feelings you have lets me guess that you haven't grieved the breakup properly. Even though, technically you aren't divorced yet, it is obvious that the breakup is final. Mourn your loss. It's ok to be sad to let go of it. A divorce is not a breakup point in your life, it's a change of direction.

You can download my free eBook at this link:

Posted by: move_on | 2010-06-14

Get over the x as they will use that feeling you still have for them against you. They will use you for money or anything they can get from you and in the end you will regret ever helping out or falling for it.

I have been used now for the last few years and have finally called it quits and told her not to call or sms anymore. They will drain you or who ever falls for their stories.

I get told one thing and say one thing and it gets twisted and then it comes back to me from some other person and it''s not half of what I said so PLEASE MOVE ON AND FORGET about them.

Reply to move_on
Posted by: Dalila | 2010-05-24

I have a good lawyer I gues... but there are so many out there and they all have different approaches to a divorce. Choose one and stick to him/her. Thats all the advice I can give on lawyers.
There are no children involved. We were/are married for 7 years.
Im sorry for your loss and pain aswell.

Reply to Dalila
Posted by: Winifred | 2010-04-20

I am at the point of seeking legal help for a separation. In that time i hope i can shake this guy who has hurt and broken me, I have one probelm, Do you have a goo lawyer?

I am sorry about your pain. Where there children involved? I have read divorce is like death, take time to grief and dont be too hard on yourself.

Reply to Winifred
Posted by: Dalila | 2010-03-29

Thank you! I downloaded and printed a copy. Thank You!

Reply to Dalila