Question
Posted by: Nicci | 2010/10/11

I can''t figure out what is wrong with me

I have been having issues for a couple of years now, with no luck from doctors on what is wrong with me or how to treat it.
I was diagnosed with Blastocystis Hominis last year, but I am not sure that it is the whole issue.

My symptoms are:
Fatigue, Stomach Cramps, Nausea (with occasional motion sickness which I''ve never had an issue with before), neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain, mild to severe headaches, hot flushes (feverish), occasional night sweats, bloating, gas, dizziness, dry scratchy eyes, general weakness, body shakes, difficulty concentrating, breathlessness and sometimes swollen and sore glands.

These symptoms come and go, and I have good days and bad days. It doesn''t seem to be diet related as none of the symptoms get better or worse with certain foods.

I''ve had blood, cholesterol, blood pressure and stool tests, all came back fine, except for Blastocystis Hominis.

Is it Blastocystis Hominis doing this to me or could it be something else?

Hallo Nicci
You did not mention which tests they did already but I would have referred you to a rheumatologist if you were my patient - it sounds to me as if there may be an auto-immune disease underlying - which could have been triggered by Blastocystis. You may have developed Fibromyalgia from it.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/11

Hallo Nicci