Question
Posted by: callie 101 | 2009/12/22

i cant be alone

i recently found out that my husband has been having an affair for three years and has a child with this woman. When i approached him he showed no remorse, he wasnt sorry and nor did he want to stay. He offered me no alternatives, counselling nothing and he moved out a week later and he wants nothing to do with me. Fair enough but his life moved on three years ago and mine only now. the problem is that i have developed the most frightening fear of being alone - i cant bear it because i never had a problem like this before - the fear is so great it eats me and i have to find someone to be with. Why am i feeling like this

Hello C,
What he did was awful, and not to show any convincing remorse makes it worse he sounds ruthless in his infidelity. Having been hurt so badly by someone you trusted, and at home where you felt most safe, maybe these are some of the reasons why you now feel at risk at home, even though it's highly unlikely anything else bad will happen to you. It would be adviseable to see a shrink as soon as practical for assessment and a discussion of treatment options, as, for instance, early CBT may help to settle this fear before it becomes entrenched. And consult a good lawyer to make sure your rights are protected as far as possible

7
Posted by: callie101 | 2009/12/23

even if i did do something which i know i didnt why did he wait three years - the pig wanted his butter on both sides - like all men do - he wanted the skelm goed and when he didnt want to see the slut he used me - his wife as an excuse...........................

Reply to callie101
Posted by: Kelly | 2009/12/23

Sometimes with men there need not be any contribution from the womens side.

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Lady man | 2009/12/23

Hi Everyone

I only hear the one side of this story. I wonder what did Callie 101 do to contribute to the BREAKDOWN of her marrige.

Reply to Lady man
Posted by: Green | 2009/12/22

Sorry to hear that, you will be fine with time. YOu deserve bettar than that Pig.

Reply to Green
Posted by: Green | 2009/12/22

Reply to Green
Posted by: Kelly | 2009/12/22

Thats terrible!
I would so feel like killing this pig!
The way you feel I thinks its the way any women would feel and only with time would it get better.
So hang in there, get together with a girlfriend or 2, or your family and try to enjoy yourself. You are free now and should tru to let go.

Do not let this bring you down but allow it to make you stronger!
I' m sorry this happened to you and I wish you all of the best for your future and know you will find a true man one day.

Reply to Kelly

Hello C,