Question
Posted by: Blue | 2009-04-02

I can' t sleep - 25 weeks pregnant

I' m battling to sleep through the night. I fall asleep easily but then wake up around 2 or 3am then I can' t fall asleep. I' m not woken up buy anything - it just happens like I' ve run out of sleep. It affect my energy levels and mood during the day.

I have stopped taking B-complex (used to take due to fatigue before pregnancy) but the problem has not gone away. I am taking pregnavit, calcium (had low calcium levels), Glucophage (PCOS) and thyroid meds. Is there anything I can do. I was thinking of stopping pregnavit and may take folic acid separately. I' m not sure what the effect of this will be.

Please help.

Try taking a calcium supplement at night. This sometimes has a sedative effect. I would suggest that you continue with the Pregnavit.