Question
Posted by: Naomi | 2008/09/09

I can' t concentrate,please help

I started a new job 3 months ago,I trully love my job,but lately am struggling to concentrate on my job.I' ve been taking some work home,but struggle to get myself to sit down and actually get it all done,I' m far behind with my work.This is just so unlike me,my boss is never available,and my collegues are just not easy to talk to.Please help,I' m afraid I' ll lose my job.

There are surprisingly many possible causes of such a complaint : maybe most likely simply difficulties in adjusting to this new setting and the challenges of the new job combined with an absent boss causing stress and anxiety ( which always reduces our concentration ). If you feel out of your depth and beind with your work, you feel you don;t know where to start, and whatever you start on, you have the nagging doubt you'd better be doing something different. Is there an HR person you can chat to for advice and help ? and as Zexeon says, don't gaze at the mountain of work to be done and feel intimidated --- break it into bite-sized portions, and set to on doing as many of those as you can manage

1
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/09/09

You most probably don' t get to it cause it seems to much so break it up and keep going till its all up do date.

Reply to Zexeon