Posted by: Shelby | 2009-03-04

I ate soft serve :-(

Hi there,

I totally forgot and ate a cup of soft serve ice cream. I am now worried that I may have done some damage to my baby, I am 20 weeks pregnant.

What symptoms do I look out for if I have picked up the Listeria Bacteria?

Ice-cream is fine in pregnancy. There are no problems.

Posted by: Kate | 2009-03-04

I have never heard that you can' t eat icecream but have heard of listeria. It apparently is very difficult to get. I will be interested to hear what the gynaedoc says but in all my experience (3 pregnancies) I have never been told to avoid icecream. Raw fish, alcohol, caffiene, cigarettes, fremented cheeses yes but never icecream. That is new to me.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: mom | 2009-03-04

I totally agree, enjoy your pregnancy. I crave ice - cream all the time.Don' t stress , just eat and enjoy.The body craves it.

Reply to mom
Posted by: Anon | 2009-03-04

Stop stressing about bull sh#t and start enjoying your pregnancy. What happens if a pregnant woman craves soft serve ice cream!!!! If we have to stress about every little thing - complications and all we will confine ourselves to a glass room and stop breating ...

Please stop stressing