Question
Posted by: silly rabbit | 2009-11-19

I am trying to commit suicide

Stupid opening line, I know.
But I am. I feel I can' t cope, I' m not normal, people don' t like me. I' m falling, spiralling down and down and down. And I' m taking my meds and I' ve talked to my psych and usually things work but right now I think I may be in an episode, I don' t know.
No-one in my family believe in " bipolar"  - they think it' s a just an excuse I use so I cannot turn to them for support or understanding or to help me get through an episode.

Sorry sorry sorry but I don' t want to attempt suicide again and not get it right because then it is only an attention-seeking stunt. I can book myself into a hotel room, drink rat poison and drink vodka and stuff and just fade away. How do I make sure I don' t wake up again though? I don' t want to wake up and be all disappointed that I got it wrong. This has to end.

I have tried. I' ve had enough. I don' t belong in this world. So I will just exit, no hard feelings. Just go...
Well, these are the thoughts running through my mind right now and I wanted to get it out. Damn I feel very stupid, and weird, and fidgety and disorientated. And I really really feel like a drink, it does seem to calm me down and then maybe I can sleep off this day and hopefully tomorrow not feel as agitated. I don' t know????/

Of course you are normal, but you don't yet feel like it. People could and would like you, but you feel convinced that they don't which discourages anyone from trying to do so.
Bipolar exists, whether or not your family believes in it - so does Mount Everest - it wouldn't disappear, or stop being high, just because they decided they didn't believe in it.
Fortunately, ou don't need them to believe in anything, for you to be able to get better.
Have you explored Lifeline, SADAG and other groups for some support and understanding ?
Have you revealed to your shrink just how despairing you feel ?
You know that you dotn't deserve to be harmed, and that any way you try to harm yourself could cause more damage to the situation without helping at all. And have you ever thought of the impact on the room cleaners and others when someone is found after harming themselves ?
The trouble with alcohol is that its impat is so unpredictable, and it makes one more impulsive and less capable.
Contact your shrink as an emergency, and make arangements to see someone to talk you through this crisis, and to help you reach a calmer and more positive state of mind

5
Posted by: Anon | 2009-11-20

Sorry Silly Rabbit but was just saying.
Ofcourse no one wants you to kill yourself silly!
Even if you cant see it now you will hurt lots of people by doing this! Love yourself and know that this will end, you will have better days, just keep on fighting and never give up!
You will look back at this period of your life and wonder how on earth you could ever have thought of doing something like that to yourself!
Keep strong and get the help you need!

I have already commented on this, and am not sure why the thread has re-appeared within my admin section

Posted by: Thinker | 2009-11-19

Some of the above comments - By anon NEED TO TAKEN OFF . PEOPLE LIKE YOU AGITATE ME . Silly rabbit , I know things may seem horrible and bleak at the moment but all will be fine . My brother has Bi Polar and I struggled with him though it . I was the target of his hate and frustration . But with the right meds and with time he is doing GREAT . The dark times have faded and he is enjoying life [ he is 29 ] . Please ... stop and think .

Reply to Thinker
Posted by: Woman | 2009-11-19

You sound very intelligent. You know what you must do right this minute. You know it as clear as daylight - call your psych, tell him/her that you believe you' re a serious suicide risk. Then go chill in the clinic for a week or two until they get your meds right.

Your family will come around at some stage. You should not be worrying about them right now. Only about you.

Do it now, don' t wait till later. good luck!

Reply to Woman