Question
Posted by: useless | 2010/06/07

I am trapped

I HATE being so negative. But I don''t know WHAT to do anymore. I don''t WANT to live anymore. Every day is a continuous struggle to cope. My mom has even said even though she would be sad if I should die, she would also be relieved that it''s over for me. I''m taking my anti d''s religiously, yet I''m not feeling any better. Just as a last resort I promised my mom I would schedule another visit with the psychiatrist to re-evaluate my meds. Yet I cannot see ANY light in this dungeon. Don''t want to cause my mom so much misery, yet I can''t change. I feel trapped. I frequently wish I could get mugged and murdered so that I don''t have to kill myself. At the moment I don''t have the energy to even plan that. Yet I don''t have any energy to get through every day, never mind even TRY and drag myself out of this hole. My work is suffering, I feel like I should resign, as it''s not fair towards them to keep paying me for the rubbish I deliver. But where to go from there???

See if you can add CBT counselling / psychotherapy to your treatments, as it is excellent for breaking habits of negative thinking. Antidepresants can also be helpful - but none of them helps absolutely everyone who tries them - sometimes one has to work with one's psychiatrist to find the right med for you, and the right dose to do the job.
DO, please, see the psychiatrist ASAP, and be utterly frank about how bad you are feeling. Don't blame yourself, and persist, as you can be feeling much better than this, and can return to finding some joy in life.

2
Posted by: tears | 2010/06/07

I though I was the only one with feelings like this. Is you mom very supportive? Does she understand what deppression is all about? I think you should change your meds, I''ve considered the same. But when I''m having a really bad day I take Alzam as well. I really hope things get better for you, and yes there are people who understand what you are going through.

Reply to tears