Question
Posted by: annie | 2010/09/21

i am so sad

doc i am terrified.cberdoc said i have polycystic ovarian syndrome.which cant be cured.that means i wil always have hair on my body and i cant have babies.plus if i dont use right medicine there is a chance for diabet,heart disease etc.i feel so unhappy.i dfont know what to do.what am i gonna tell my boyfriend? that we cant have babies? we were dreaming about it so much.i dont know what to say and what to do.the only thing i can do now is crying.i have used medicine but they help only for some period.when i stop the hair grows again and what my doc said is that hair is not so important.i can do smth for that.but not to have a baby..........and always know i am sick not to be cured.....that kills me.i am lost.

Cyberdoc, I'm sure, gave a sound opinion, based on what you have told him/her online. Only a proper physical and general assessment by a gynae can give a more definitive diagnosis and advice on potential treatment or managament of the situation. So do get the issue of treatment, fertility, etc., very clearly established before you begin basing large-scale decisions on the online opinion.
And then explore also, with the help of a counsellor your gynae should be able to refer you to, other options, including the adoption of babies so you can still be an excellent mother, even if fertility isn't high enough to directly produce your own. And don't look on this as "being sick" and "incurable"- it's more about being diferent in one particular way - like being unusually tall - which can have advantages and disadvantages, but can't be altered.

7
Posted by: annie | 2010/09/23

thanks all.thank u hope.i appreciate a lot.

Reply to annie
Posted by: Hope | 2010/09/22

Hey. I think that you might be over reating. Please see a gynae and get a 2nd opinion. If something in the store is too expensive you would get a 2nd quote... so why when it comes to your health you are not willing to get a 2nd or a 3rd opinion. i think that you should really have faith and hope my friend and go and see a professional in this field rather than just accept what was told. I trust and believe that all will be okay with you. All of the best!!! and God Bless!!!

Reply to Hope
Posted by: Unique | 2010/09/21

I was diagnosed with the same condition as you January 2008 - by a Gynae. I was a bit sad since i hadn''t made the decision to not have another child. My gynae said this doesn''t mean I can''t fall pregnant i.e. if I don''t want to fall pregnant I must still take contraceptives. I stopped contraceptives in Feb. Since I wasn''t really trying/paying attention I only found out in December that I was 3 months pregnant. So to say you can''t have kids is stretching it a little. Maybe your chances are reduced. I know some people who fell pregnant naturally after PCOS diagnosis. Rather see a gynae - he will tell you your chances based on the extent of you condition.

Reply to Unique
Posted by: Maria | 2010/09/21

If you really cannot fall pregnant then please consider adoption. There are 100''s of kids out there who need homes.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: annie | 2010/09/21

oh lin thank you very much to give hope.please tell me a little abt what happened to u? what problems that illnees coz? what u do with that hair and in general i want to know.please.i am so confused.

Reply to annie
Posted by: Lin | 2010/09/21

That''s absolutely not true. Although you might battle to fall pregnant - it is possible to have babies with PCOS. I''ve suffered from PCOS for more than 10 years. My baby boy turns 5 in December, so it''s definately possible to fall pregnant.

Best would be to tey having a baby for a year. If you haven''t fallen pregnant by then, go to a fertility expert.

Reply to Lin