Question
Posted by: DEBTS | 2008/06/25

I am so frustrated

i don't know what to do, i owe an account for water and lights and since i work for municipality, they decided to take 2500 from my salary to pay the account,

they were suppose to increase my salary this month but they didnt and i just descovered that the manager signed the documents today.

how an i gonna pay other accounts, i am two months in area on my credit card after making arrangement to pay and they send me a summon that i must pay 18000 immediately.

i don't have many accounts but after paying for my car i will be left with zero in my account, i can't even buy food for my baby and the father does not want to contribute even a cent so i had to take him to maintanance court but court date is in october, i still have to wait long for that.

guys am i alone in this boat, how does other survive this kind of tragedy.

Hope the court forces the deadbeat dad to pay up, and for his arrears. I'm sure other readers can advice, as my financial skills are non-existent

2
Posted by: Mpho | 2008/06/26

This morning - 26/06 on the radio there was a discussion about our financial burden due to the dip in our economy. what i found to be important is that one is able to approach the National Credit Regulator for debt counselling and they will guide you through the process. google for National Creditor regulator and take it from there. they will help to liaise with your creditors and arrive at amicable solutions for you. All the best - you know our banks don't help these days when you approach them for assistance.

Reply to Mpho
Posted by: Wendy | 2008/06/25

Hi there, most of us are in the same financial boat as you. Unfortunately I don't think things are going to get better soon :-( What you need to do is get all your debt together, see who you need to pay and then make arrangements with all your debtors. Pay off the smaller one's first and then then once that is paid off use that same amount to put towards another debtor. If you talk to them and explain your situation most of them are quite easy to deal with. The trick is not to incur more debt as then your word is not taken as face value. I used to work for a collections company and that is generally the easiest way to go. Ask for a couple months reprieve from your highest debtors and explain. They will understand. Once you have paid off debts use that money to put towards another debt and get it paid off quicker. Good luck!

Reply to Wendy