Posted by: Scared - very scared | 2008-12-09

I am so confursed - pls help

Doc, i am 5 weeks pregnant, and have been on Zoloft for a year now for anxiety, now my dr changed it to Prohexal, i should start with it tomorrow, however i have only read bad things about Prohexal and one of the side effects is anxiety? Now i dont think i want to cope with that while i am pregnant, it is just more unnessary stress. What should i do? Isnt there something natural i can take for my anxiety? PLS PLS Help. Thank you

Dear Scared
See this article:
Try and avoid "natural" medicine during pregnancy - just because it is herbal or natural does not mean that it won't harm your baby. It may be worth your while to get a psychiatrist 2nd opinion regarding your options of medication to use during pregnancy - all seem to have some risk, albeit low. It is very important to inform your gyne of what you are using so that they can be on the look out for possible problems.

Posted by: Tk | 2008-12-09

i have had panic attacks with all 3 of my pregnancies.
Instead of medication , i opted to see a psycologist.
I dealt with the underlying problem.
I found alternative ways to deal with my aches and pains instead of meds.
Have u tried yoga, meditation etc?

Reply to Tk