Question
Posted by: TONA | 2008/07/31

i am scared

I '  ve recently seen a ophthamologist and he referred me for more tests called retinal photography and i am scared as hell as he told me that fluorescein will be injected into my vein in the arm and it'  s progress through the blood vessels of the eye is photographed at regular intervals. I am scared of needles and just wanna find out it the is any other way of doing this as i'  ve already prosponed twice but at the same time I can'  t see anything without my glasses

Thanx

Hi Tona
They will put a small drip into the vein, and it may be initally a bit sore, but after that it should be fine. There is unfortunately no other way of getting the colourant into the blood stream.