Question
Posted by: Lungile | 2011-07-26

I am older than my boyfriend

I am inlove actually we are in love i love him so much and the thought of me being 3 years older than him just kills me. The fact that I am a year older than his sister kills me. The fact that my younger sister is 2 years older than him kills me. I love him we spoke about it and to him its nothing it does not bother him at all. All he sees is the fact that we have a great future together. When I am with him the way i am so comfortable i even forget that I am 3 years older than him.
Note : I am 38 he is 35

I don't understand why you see an actually trivial 3-year age diference as so catastrophic. Must loving couples always be of identical age ? What does the age of his sister, or yours, have to do with anything ? I understand that for some highly mysterious reason this distresses you awfully, so counselling might help you to understand where this irrational idea has arisen from, which causes you so much needless distress. Enjoy being in love, whatever your age or his.

2
Posted by: JENNA | 2011-07-27

I agree with the CS- 3 years is trivial. My boyfriend is 4 years older than me. I am older than his sister. My sister is closer to my boyfriends age than I am. My mom is 2 years older than her husband. My dad is 5 years older than his wife. Is three years really so much? It’ s not like you were finishing high school while he was just starting or something like that. You say you love him so much, but if a simple 3 years is too much then you don’ t love him unconditionally.

Reply to JENNA